Appointed Prefect of the Papal Household and Archbishop.

All Archbishop Georg Gänswein News

Appointed Prefect of the Papal Household and Archbishop.

Postby susana1971 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Monsignor Georg Gänswein appointed Prefect of the Papal Household and Archbishop.

Il Papa nomina mons. Gänswein prefetto della Casa Pontifici. RADIO vATICANA
Il Papa ha nominato prefetto della Casa Pontificia mons. Georg Gänswein, suo segretario particolare, elevandolo in pari tempo alla sede titolare di Urbisaglia, con dignità di arcivescovo. Il comunicato della Sala Stampa vaticana non parla della nomina di un nuovo segretario particolare del Papa, pertanto mons. Gänswein continuerà a svolgere anche l’incarico precedente.

Mons. Gänswein, nato 56 anni fa a Waldshut (Baden-Württemberg, Germania), è stato ordinato sacerdote il 31 Maggio 1984 e incardinato nell'arcidiocesi di Freiburg im Breisgau. Laureato in Diritto Canonico nel 1993 presso la Katholisch-Theologische Fakultät della Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität di München, dopo essere stato giudice del Tribunale Diocesano e collaboratore personale dell'arcivescovo di Freiburg im Breisgau, nel 1995 è stato assunto presso la Congregazione per il Culto Divino e la Disciplina dei Sacramenti. Nel 1996 è stato trasferito alla Congregazione per la Dottrina della Fede, dove in seguito ha svolto l'ufficio di segretario personale del prefetto, l’allora cardinale Joseph Ratzinger, di cui è diventato segretario particolare con la sua elezione al Pontificato. Oltre al tedesco, conosce anche l’italiano, il francese, l’inglese, lo spagnolo e il latino.

Gänswein named Prefect of Pontifical Household (Vatican Radio)

The Holy Father on Friday named Monsignor Georg Gänswein as Prefect of the Pontifical Household, at the same time elevating him to the titular see of Urbisaglia with the title of Archbishop.

Msgr Gänswein was born in 1956 in Waldshut, Germany. In 1984 he was ordained a priest for the Archdiocese of Freiburg im Breisgau. Msgr Gänswein holds a degree in Canon Law from the Catholic Theology Faculty of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität of Munich.

After serving as a judge on the Diocesan Tribunal and a personal collaborator of the Archbishop of Freiburg, in 1995 he took up a position with the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments. One year later, he was transferred to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, where he later became personal Secretary of the Prefect – at the time, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger.

Since the election of Cardinal Ratzinger as Pope Benedict XVI, Msgr Gänswein has continued to serve as his personal Secretary.

Georg Gänswein neuer Präfekt des Päpstlichen Hauses

Georg Gänswein ist neuer Präfekt des Päpstlichen Hauses. Dazu hat ihn an diesem Freitag Papst Benedikt XVI. ernannt. Gänswein folgt auf dem US-Amerikaner James Michael Harvey, der vor kurzem zum Kardinal und Erzpriester der Kirche Sankt Paul vor den Mauern ernannt wurde.
Prälat Gänswein wurde gleichzeitig zum Erzbischof erhoben und erhält das italienische Titularbistum Urbisaglia. Die Mitteilung des Pressesaales des Vatikan spricht nicht von der Ernennung eines neuen Sekretärs, Gänswein wird also weiterhin auch diese Position ausfüllen.
Die Präfektur des Päpstlichen Hauses ist unter anderem für Papstbesuche in- und außerhalb von Rom zuständig und organisiert die öffentlichen und privaten päpstlichen Audienzen.

Georg Gänswein wurde am 30. Juli 1956 in Waldshut (Baden-Württemberg) geboren. Am 31. Mai 1984 empfing er die Priesterweihe. Gänswein studierte Kirchenrecht in München und war später persönlicher Referent des Erzbischofs von Freiburg im Breisgau. Im Jahr 1995 wurde Georg Gänswein in die Kongregation für den Gottesdienst und die Sakramentenordnung berufen, ein Jahr später in die Glaubenskongregation.

NOMINA DEL PREFETTO DELLA CASA PONTIFICIA. News.va
Il Santo Padre Benedetto XVI ha nominato Prefetto della Casa Pontificia il Rev.do Mons. Georg Gänswein, elevandolo in pari tempo alla sede titolare di Urbisaglia, con dignità di Arcivescovo.
Rev.mo Mons. GEORG GÄNSWEIN
Il Rev.do Mons. Georg Gänswein è nato a Waldshut (Baden-Württemberg, Germania) il 30 luglio 1956.
Ordinato Sacerdote il 31 Maggio 1984, è stato incardinato nell'Arcidiocesi di Freiburg im Breisgau.
Si è laureato in Diritto Canonico nel 1993 presso la Katholisch-Theologische Fakultät della Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität di München.
Dopo essere stato giudice del Tribunale Diocesano e collaboratore personale dell'Arcivescovo di Freiburg im Breisgau, nel 1995 è stato assunto presso la Congregazione per il Culto Divino e la Disciplina dei Sacramenti.
È stato trasferito alla Congregazione per la Dottrina della Fede nel 1996, dove in seguito ha svolto l'ufficio di Segretario personale del Prefetto, Card. Joseph Ratzinger.
Segretario particolare di Sua Santità Benedetto XVI dalla Sua elezione al Pontificato.
Conosce le seguenti lingue: Tedesco, Italiano, Latino, Francese, Inglese e Spagnolo.
susana1971

Re: Appointed Prefect of the Papal Household and Archbishop.

Postby MERISELEG » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:15 pm

It is certainly a news we were expecting. This means that the Pope has full confidence in him and his work has been rewarded.
But I want to say from here that although it had not been appointed we always supported us.
I wish my best desire in his new stage.

Meri
MERISELEG

Postby veronica » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:12 pm

Dear Sonia, Susana and Raquel,
Thank you so much for this amazing news, what a joy in my heart to hear it that our beloved our Dear Monsignor is becoming Archbishop.
Thank you Lord to listen our prayer, with all my heart I wish our Dear Monsignor all the happiness that he deserve, and best wishes in the future.I am so happy and delighted. :)
veronica

Postby Sonia » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Georg Gaenswein, named Prefect of the Papal Household and Archbishop

The Pope's private secretary, Monsignor Georg Gaenswein has two new titles. He's been named Prefect of the Papal Household and also archbishop.

The dual appointment was carried out because the Prefect of the Papal Household, must also be an archbishop. Up until now, Gaenswein had not held that rank.

Previously the Prefect of the Papal Household was James Harvey. In November he left that post, when the Pope made him a Cardinal and the archpriest of the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls.

Gaenswein will probably be ordained a bishop by Benedict XVI on January 6th which is the same day that Nicaragua's nuncio Fortunatus Nwachukwu will be assigned. With Gaenswein's coming appointment, he will manage the Papal apartment along with Father Leonardo Sapienza, who serves as Regent of the Prefecture of the Papal Household.

With very kind permission to Rome Reports TV News Agency
Sonia
Site Admin

Postby Mozart » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:49 am

I was stunned, shocked, and saddened by Pope Benedict XVI's sudden resignation.
What will be Archbishop Gaenswein's role now?
Will he follow the Pope in retirement and continue to be the Pope's Personal Secretary?
Of course, the position of Prefect of the Papal Household is now up in the air; will Archbishop Gaenswein stay on in the Vatican household?
Marti :)
My Homepage (for Mozart fans) -
Mozart's Favorite Sister-In-Law, Sophie Weber Haibl:
An 18th Century Woman -
http://mozartist.blogspot.com/
Mozart

Postby Sonia » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:52 pm

Dear Mozart,
Thank you for your post.
Unfortunately we do not know what role Archbishop Gänswein will have but we are sure he will have a good position as he is loyal to Pope Benedict, the Catholic Church and he has a very good reputation and respect Worldwide within the Church and outside the Church.
Hope my answer has helped.

We will keep you all informed of all the latest happenings here on the forum in this section. Please keep looking back.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1698
God Bless
Sonia
Sonia
Site Admin

Postby Mozart » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:38 am

Thank you very much for your reply! Yes, that has helped. I will keep looking back for news, and I wish Archbishop Gaenswein well! :)
Marti :)
My Homepage (for Mozart fans) -
Mozart's Favorite Sister-In-Law, Sophie Weber Haibl:
An 18th Century Woman -
http://mozartist.blogspot.com/
Mozart

Postby Rossell » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:41 pm

I read that after Pope's abdication,Monsignor will probably follow him to Castel Gandolfo ,then to some enclosed monastery.So yeah, he won't be Prefect of the Papal Household anymore ;_; Source : http://www.dw.de/abdykacja-benedykta-xv ... a-16594461 On another site there was a title (in Polish) "Beautiful Georg will stay with the Pope ,God give them happiness" :) I CAN'T imagine Mons. living in ENCLOSED MONASTERY OMG !!!There won't be as much photos of him as now ;_;
Rossell

Postby Sonia » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Dear Rossell,
Please do not upset yourself because I have translated this article and as with all media, they are speculations and not reality.

But with this particular article the Holy Father has appointed Archbishop Gänswein with his title and Prefecture of the Papal Household which will help him for his future in the Vatican. Pope Benedict will be living in a Monastery within the Vatican walls/ Vatican gardens after he has spent some time in Castel Gandolfo from the 28th February. The monastery is currently undergoing renovation and once that is complete Pope Benedict will be staying there.
Hope this has helped.
Sonia x
Sonia
Site Admin

Postby MERISELEG » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:51 pm

MERISELEG

Return to Archbishop Georg Gänswein News